Critical Illness Insurance
Being diagnosed with a critical illness can generate costs far beyond typical medical expenses—costs that may or may not be covered by traditional health plans. The Kemper Health Critical Illness insurance policy can help employees cover the costs that arise from a critical illness diagnosis, while keeping their family savings intact. This policy covers a broad range of conditions most likely to cause major lifestyle changes, such as heart attack, stroke, cancer, renal failure, paralysis, severe burns, organ transplant, occupational HIV, coma, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and benign brain tumors.
Plan at a glance
Three different plans to choose from:
- Plan 1—Group critical illness without cancer
- Plan 2—Group critical illness with cancer
- Plan 3—Group critical illness with cancer and a cancer treatment rider
- Re-occurrence and additional occurrence: No limit on number of re-occurrences for a covered condition with a 12 month wait between occurrences. No limit on the number of additional occurrences of a covered condition with a 6 month wait between occurrences.
- Benefits enhance: Option to select a First Diagnosis Benefit Enhancement Rider that increases face amount by $1,000 per year for a period of ten years or until first claim.